I was reading my email which includes the latest posts from Sarah Bessey, author and blogger from the west coast of Canada. Sarah and her husband challenged themselves to read the recommended reading the other set out as essential reading. I decided to try it by asking my friends on Facebook and Twitter.
And it fits well with my One Word for 2014: expansion. Doing this is great for an expansion of perspective. Thank you to all who gave suggestions.
Friendly suggestions to read in 2014
- Kahler Legacy – Everworld series, by K. A. Applegate
- Stacey Hare Turner – The Magic of Thinking Big, by David J. Schwartz
- Brad Doucette – Building the Orange Wave, by Brad Lavigne
- Jill Cohn-Winer – Lexicon, by Max Barry
- Tim Hatfield – Personality Plus: How to Understand Others by Understanding Yourself, by Florence Littauer
- Ceeb Dread – Roots, by Alex Haley
- Berkeley Fleming – If This is a Man, by Primo Levi
- Dubs Aaron McDubberton – Three Day Road, by Joseph Boyden
- Chris Baker, Literary Review of Canada
Of the suggestions of books to read, there were some that I have started but never finished, so I am compiling that list too. I have included books I have started, not finished without suggestion from others.
Books to finish in 2014
- How to win Friends and Influence People, by Dale Carnegie (Stacey)
- Outliers, by Malcolm Gladwell (Chris)
- The Cost of Disciplechip, by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- Pursuing Christ, Creating Art, by Gary Molander
- Zealot, by Reza Aslan
- The Accidental Creative, by Todd Henry
If you want to keep up-to-date with my progress on the reading, then consider subscribing to the blog. Click here to do so.